Monday, October 13, 2008

I Love Mexican Food!


I really do love mexican food! Not real spicey, just a little. Although my husband can eat some pretty hot and spicey stuff, I can not. I know I should have taken a picture of this before we dug into it, but I was REALLY hungry at the time!!
This is a casserole I make sometimes when I have the right leftovers. Or sometimes when I don't -- just cause.

I kind of made it up and make it a little different everytime.
I put whatever kind of leftover meat I have ( this was non-leftover hamburger). But sometimes I use pork tenderloin or chicken. Beans - homemade or canned, whole pinto or refried. Corn tortillas torn into smaller pieces. I have added other ingredients at times,(chipotle peppers, small can of chopped green chilis, tomatoes,cilantro). I top it with a can of Hatch's green chili
sauce with pork. And I bake it at about 450 till it gets cooked thru and hot. Then I add some cheddar cheese and bake till melted. Ummm, I love it!!

You get the idea though. It's one of those dishes that you put however much of whatever sounds good in it and top it with the green chili sauce and cheese and it always turns out great!

so anyway--- thats what we ate this past weekend.

We went to see the movie "Appaloosa" yesturday. It was a very good movie. I love going to the movies. I really do like the whole thing -movie, popcorn, diet coke. As long as I don't get the noisiest person in the place next to me -- I'm good to go!!



No comments: