Thursday, December 20, 2007
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and an awesome New Year!
Wow! I haven't posted in a long time!! Shame on me!
I do believe I am just about ready for this Christmas now. Just waiting on a couple of presents that should arrive today. Took me awhile to get going, but ok, once I got started , I got it done!!
I just found out about a really super great giveaway. Check it out at :http://www.NeereAnDearCreations.com
http://www.NeereAnDearCreations.com/wordpress put on by Neer an Dear Creations and designs. Please let her know that I sent you!
Also Brenda's Little Cottage at: http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/gift-wrap-stati.html?cid=94376588#comment-94376588. She is having a really fun giveaway! Funny!!
I am not posting any pics today. But I have been saving up. So soon I will get some more posted.
Anyway--- Have a fun Christmas!!
Monday, November 26, 2007
I am such a lucky girl!!! I am one of the lucky people to win an awesome collage packet from Melissa at The Garden of Pink Shadows!!! I am just so excited! She puts together such awesome, beautiful things!!
I will post some pics finally of the swaps I received lately. I got some awesome packages!!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
The first picture is one of her quilt hanging patterns she sells. The pine tree one. I have always loved it. I just love the little angel troll in the last picture. I loved my troll dolls when I was little. Guess I still do.
I received my swap package from the Vintage Stocking Swap!! I got all kinds of goodies from my swap partner all the way from Australia!! These are a few of the many things she had tucked away in the stocking. She made the little snowflake ornaments from a vintage necklace that was her grandmother's!! Aren't they precious? So many cool things!!
I will try to post some more pics soon. Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving!!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
I've had alot going on lately with my Dad, but things are better there.
I've been trying to get some work done on my swaps. Working on my November Sweet Goodness Swap now. I've pretty much finished with the Vintage Christmas Stocking Swap. That was fun.
A Halloween party last weekend and another one this weekend.
Lots of things to do, but it's so fun putting costumes together (I love Halloween!) and getting ready to go to New Jersey! I get to see one of my sisters!!
Well, that's all for now.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Thursday, October 4, 2007
My Dad has a compression fracture in one of his vertabraes. So his back has been giving him alot of pain. He hopefully will be able to have a procedure done to make it all better. But till then-- well, it's a little stressfull. He is living alone. Has help that comes in every day, and that helps alot. But I sure will be glad when he is better.
I got a new camera! I'm still learning how to use it, but I can't wait to see if it takes better pics, I really need it to. I'm not a very good photographer!!
I bought my husband a beeeeeautiful knife for his birthday from a fellow Etsy seller . The name of his shop is "Bullseyenam", and he does awesome work!! I gave it to my husband 2 months early, I'm so bad! But I just couldn't wait!!
That's about it for today.
Have a great weekend!
Monday, September 24, 2007
It is finally cooling off here in the desert! We had rain on Saturday morn and I was loving it! Saturday nite we went to my daughters and watched UFC. Great fights! I know, I'm weird, but I love the cage fights. Not to be mistaken for WWF or whatever it is!! I'm talking MMA, cage fighting. The real deal. We've been following it for a long time now, and yes, I'm hooked.
I finally got to work on the baby quilt for my new grandaughter. I messed up and had to rip some seams out, or I probably would have been almost done!! Hate it when that happens!! Oh, well. I am trying my hand at the scrap quilt thing. Got some pretty little pink prints in Durango when we were there. Hope it turns out! I'm not much of a quilter.
I made some new pins to sell on my Etsy shop.
I'm really starting to feel like its fall now.
Been working on my swap stuff. Fun!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Any Chocolate, not so much White.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? Felting,Beading,Paper Stuff,Knitting,Sewing
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Leather Tooling
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? Can't think of anything
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!) Sunflower Seeds
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else?Costumes , Decorating
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Yes
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? ChristmasWhat type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? Vintage, Things that are special in my family
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? A Daughter -31, A Son -29
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? A Turtle
12. Are you a reader? Yes If so, what type of books do you like? Novels, I love Janet Evonovitch( read all the Stephanie Plum Series ).
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? No
If so, what day and what is the occasion?
14. Do you collect anything? Yes If so what type of things do you collect? Pretty birds, especially Robin's, Nests, Bird Eggs, Vintage Aprons, Vintage Postcards, Cool Vintage things
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Mexican Food
Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? All of the above
16. What is your favorite scent? Rain,Grass,Florals,Honeysuckle
Is there one that you can’t stand? Patullie ( I don't know how to spell it??!!
17. What’s your favorite song? I have alot of them! I love blues (not jazz), and country
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater?Good Luck Chuck, We go to the movies alot!
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Reece's Peanut Butter Cups,Reece's Pieces
20. Tea or Coffee or other? I'm just getting into the hot teas, I like the oranges and tangerines alot. Caramel Machiattos.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
I signed up for 2 new swaps, so I can't wait to get started on those.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Worked on my Seasonal Summer Sister Swap stuff today. Had fun! Got to play for the first time since before we went to Texas. Can't wait to send it off and I hope my partner likes everything!!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
I am also helping out with a baby shower for my daughter in law. So I'm trying to come up with some ideas for that. It's a girl, so we get to do the pink thing! So00---- lots of things to work on and have some fun with!!