Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thrift Store Cool Find


I stopped by Salvation Army thrift store yesterday and didn't find much. But this I love. This hand embroidered towel and pinned to it was this blue ribbon. 1924!! And the fair entry papers were carefully wrapped up inside the towel. Some little guy made this in 1924 and won a blue ribbon! I love things like this. Wonder if this guy is still alive. If he is, he would probably love to have this back. Most likely he is not and his kids dropped this off with some of his estate items. How sad.

4 comments:

Lily's Lace said...

What a wonderful find! It's a shame no one submits things to fairs any more, myself included! Growing up we had the West Texas Fair and if you got cotton candy it always had a taste of west Texas dirt on it! It never stopped me from eating it! Great post. Oh and thanks for stopping by Lilly's Lace!

Pallas said...

I agree, this is a terrific find. I also find it sad when family doesn't want things like this (or photographs) any longer.

hosting company said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Great... well I'm not writing all that over again.
indian web hosting companies

ASKRUTHY said...

Your blog is great you need to get back to it! You are very creative with exquisite taste thanks for sharing! Ruthy